Start Learning Italian in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

noob here

theladyboo
New in Town

noob here

Postby theladyboo » August 21st, 2008 6:52 am

Hello, I'm a noob here. At this point I know very little Italian so I've started with the very first newbie class. I'm learning Italian because I am going to start my 7 yo on learning a few different language and although I should start with Spanish, I like Italian better.

To get into the spirit, I'm designing my house in a Tuscan theme this year on a shoestring budget. This ought to be interesting. Any ideas would be great. We rent so I can't go painting the walls brown or terra cotta color. It's such a drag because the living room and kitchen are this pale yellow color and the dining room is a pale blue. I guess they might be okay, I hope.

So I'm rambling. ha ha. If anyone wants to chat in Italian over yahoo or msn, I have both. About all you'll get out of me at this point is ciao.

Rebecca

marcom
Established Presence

Postby marcom » August 22nd, 2008 2:18 am

Cara Rebecca,
Dear Rebecca,

Sala da pranzo blu?!?!?!
Blue dining room?!?!?!

By my experience Italian bathrooms can be blue, but not dining rooms. I think Italians tend to prefer warmer colors for both kitchen and dining room.
This may be different if for example you are living near the sea and want to make the interior have a fresher look.

Regarding Tuscan themes, but not only limited to Tuscany, many people like to buy small metal objects in wrought iron and use them to adorn their house.

A presto
Marco
Get 40% OFF

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Italian”