Start Learning Italian in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Missing audio in the Lower Intermediate Class Expansion Sect

PianoMed
New in Town

Missing audio in the Lower Intermediate Class Expansion Sect

Postby PianoMed » March 28th, 2009 12:23 pm

I just tried out the Expansion Section for the Lower Intermediate level classes, and to my disappointment, for each of the six lessons that I just tried out some of the links to the audio recordings did not work, i.e. nothing happens when you click on the appropriate button. For lesson five, not one single such link worked!!

Have those recordings ever been made, or are the links just there in case you decide to provide the recordings at a later time? If that is true, you should at least enable the function that changes the mouse pointer to a hand (or some other previously chosen item), whenever the arrow is placed above something that leads to or activates something, so that one sees more rapidly that a link etc. actually does not exist.

To some extent, a "bug" may be involved, since the first of the recordings of the sample sentences, for a lesson, never worked, in any single case.

I also noted, yesterday, that in several cases, the recordings in Italian in the vocabulary with audio section does not at all correspond to the translations provided. For instance, "I am sorry" was provided as the translation of a sentence about smoking being prohibited, that only started with "I am sorry".

Finally, I hereby suggest that you provide links, in the vocabulary, to some respected, free online dictionary of Italian, so that more complete coverage of the words' meanings is made available to the users in a time-efficient manner; perhaps you can even negotiate an agreement, for your members, with an online dictionary that is not otherwise free to use.
Last edited by PianoMed on March 28th, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PianoMed
New in Town

Postby PianoMed » March 28th, 2009 12:39 pm

I now tried out lesson seven of the same section.

Not even half of the recordings of sample sentences in the expansion section worked!!!!

Also, the same familiar sample sentences appear over, over and over again, in the expansion sections, so that the "expansions" do not teach you as much additional material as they would have otherwise.

For instance, if a sentence contains the words A, B, C, D, and E, that same sentence will appear in the expansion sections for all those five words.

Since the expansion sections are, for some, perhaps the most important reason for buying a premium membership, it is a rather serious problem that the expansion sections do not strive to expand the vocabulary and number of full sentences heard (not just read; after all, this is a podcasting site and written material can be read on the Internet or in a library for free) to the greatest possible extent.

Get 40% OFF
maxiewawa
New in Town

Postby maxiewawa » April 3rd, 2009 7:59 am

Hej, thanks as always for your work!

I've had a look at Lower Intermediate S2 Lesson 5 and it seems to be working normally for me: http://www.italianpod101.com/learningce ... _expansion

^Is that what you're referring to?

Tack sa mycket again for all of your work. I hope you don't mind if I make some notes here as to where we are at with regard to fixing your problem reports.

Thanks again! Spaciba! Grazie! Tack sa mycket!

Max

Return to “Technical Support”