a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

New Learner Introduction(s)

suancho
New in Town

New Learner Introduction(s)

Postby suancho » August 26th, 2008 6:44 pm

Hello ItalianPod101 learners!

I just joined today and thought it would be nice to introduce myself (and perhaps start an introduction topic for us).

A little bit about me and why I want to learn Italian:
I am a biology teacher with a last name that most Americans butcher (spelling and pronunciation) "Mastroianni." I think it's the three vowels in a row. I took 5 years of Spanish (high school + college) and enjoy the similarities between the "romance" languages. I love language (even considered ArabicPod101) and really enjoy the sound of the Italian language.

I hope other learners will post their own introductions too!

Sincerely,
Neil (not very Italian) Mastroianni (very Italian)

cinziag
Been Around a Bit

Postby cinziag » August 27th, 2008 3:17 pm

8)
Ciao suancho!
Molto piacere di conoscerti! Very nice to meet you!
I'm surprised to hear about your last name... I actually love that name...
I love Marcello Mastroianni! :oops:
But... do you have any relatives in Italy?, or were you born in Italy?, I'm curious! :wink:

Anyway your job sounds really interesting, and also your reason why you want to start learning Italian, I hope you will follow us and help us in focusing on what you all learners wish to LEARN at Italianpod101.

Glad you're considering Arabic too! :P Good luck!
A presto! :wink:

C!

Get 40% OFF
suancho
New in Town

No Relation

Postby suancho » September 16th, 2008 8:50 pm

Ciao Cinzia!

I am unaware of my Italian side's history. Scratch that...I just called my father and he told me that my Italian side came from Castellonorato. I just checked that out on Google maps. That satellite view is neat. Have you heard of Castellonorato?

I thought you might like to know that I tell my students some of the things I learn from your podcasts. For instance, today I was giving a test and I told my students that the Italian lesson today taught me to say "Where is the bathroom?" and they were really interested in knowing it. It's amazing how few of my students even know about podcasts. They only know now because I have a podcast available for my biology students. Mr. Mastroianni's Biology Podcast (geeky i know).

Thanks for all the great content!

-Neil

cinziag
Been Around a Bit

Postby cinziag » September 19th, 2008 1:41 am

Ciao suancho!
...if I heard Castellonorato?????? :wink:
much more!!!
It's unbelievable! Castellonorato is a beautiful place in Lazio, in Latina province, very close to Formia and Gaeta, places where I've grown up actually! :oops:
The sea and the mountains... :D the perfect mix! :wink:

I hope you will have the chance to go in the future! Because it's worth! :lol:

I am so glad you share what you are learning with us, even with your students!

Thank you for your support as always, and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Baci

Cinzia

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Italian”