Start Learning Italian in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Favorite Italian food?

tamatha204
New in Town

Postby tamatha204 » August 5th, 2008 12:06 am

Yes, Cinzia, I did plan my own itinerary.

I love to cook gourmet meals. Some of my choices in cities are based on the food of the region.

Do you have any recommendations for restaurants?

Ciao! Ciao!
Tamatha

cinziag
Been Around a Bit

Postby cinziag » August 11th, 2008 12:59 am

Ciao Tamatha,

I know for sure a restaurant in San Gimignano, it's called LA MANGIATOIA.

I won't never forget its PAPPARDELLE AL CIGNHIALE!!! :shock:

So tasty!
:D

C!

Get 40% OFF
tamatha204
New in Town

Postby tamatha204 » October 22nd, 2008 9:53 pm

Ciao Cinzia!

Italia e bellissima! Ho mangiato il ragu del cinghiale in Firenze. Squisito!

The best gelato I had was in San Gimignano and the best cappuccino was in Parco Ducale in Parma. The food everywhere was fantastic...and the wine...THE WINE WAS GREAT especially in Tuscany. My favourite dish is Ribolleta which I tried making when I got home. I did okay. Risotto alla Milanese con Ossobuco was very tasty too. I didn't enjoy the texture of trippa. It was a culinary adventure I'll never forget.

I hope that native Italians don't take the beauty of their country for granted. Stunning, beautiful, amazing and inspiring doesn't even begin to describe the counrty side and history of your great nation. I fell in love with Italy (even the traffic in Rome! :lol: ) and I will return as soon as I can. I need to win the lottery! LOL :D

Unfortunately in most places I visited english was spoken quite frequently so it was easy for me to communicate. I needed to speak Italian mostly on the train and in Parma. So I'm back to continue learning italian. Keep up the great work!

Grazie Tanto!
Tamatha

cinziag
Been Around a Bit

Postby cinziag » October 23rd, 2008 6:22 am

Ciao Tamatha!! :lol:
Welcome back!!
I am soooooo glad you enjoyed your trip!!
You just made me feel in such a good mood, hearing of your stories...

I can maybe imagine you around all these wonderful places in Tuscany...
(Oh :oops: How I love Tuscany)!!

Good you could communicate... this means that WE Italians can speak some English to help the poor tourists out in their trips... BUT I am also glad you came back to "school"...
ahaha! 8)

So are you ready to start?? :wink:

I am actually amazed ... you cook Italian then! :D
Brava!
Do you have any favourite recipe??
Anyway thank YOU for writing and hope to hear from you soon!!

Good luck and IN BOCCA AL LUPO with your Italian studies!

Ciaooooo!! :wink:

C!

jjdon4453
New in Town

Postby jjdon4453 » October 12th, 2010 9:03 pm

cinziag wrote:Ciao Tamatha,

I know for sure a restaurant in San Gimignano, it's called LA MANGIATOIA.

I won't never forget its PAPPARDELLE AL CIGNHIALE!!! :shock:

So tasty!

The best gelato I had was in San Gimignano
:D

C!

That little place on the square in San Gimignano has the best gelato in Italy. Even better than Verazze, where we spend most of our time - by Savona. Last Wednesday night, as I write this, we had dinner near Malpensa airport, Milano. One of the courses I had was pasta pomodoro - fresh made pasta with garden tomatoes - the name of the gardener was on the menu, which is why I ordered it. Vine-ripened tomatoes tossed in some olive oil for a couple of minutes and put over pasta. No garlic, no oregeno. Tomato, oil, pasta. Next course was bufalo mozarella with prosciutto. Also simple and elegant, and the best of both. As another said, there really isn't any such thing as "Italian Food". It's just food in Italy, mostly. Tourist want "a big ol plate o' spaghetti" more than the locals do, generally. We eat fish every day, in Verazze.

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Italian”