Start Learning Italian in the next 30 Seconds with
a Free Lifetime Account

Or sign up using Facebook

Anyone having a similar experience as me??

rebelmusik
New in Town

Anyone having a similar experience as me??

Postby rebelmusik » May 28th, 2008 5:09 pm

Ciao a tutti!

Abito a Montreal, una città molto "multicultural." I am half-Italian, and many members of my family speak Italian, but I never learned the language (invece parlo francese e inglese, come molti Montrealers). I have always understood quite a bit of Italian because I hear it so much, but it was frustrating because I could not speak it.

A few weeks ago, I decided that I will begin learning Italian, and when I searched through itunes for a good italian language podcast, italianpod101 sounded the best. So I started listening to the lessons, e io ho comprato un "libro dei verbi italiani." It's only a month later (about four weeks) and I am actually beginning to speak Italian with my family members.

It is very exciting because I thought it would take much longer before I could construct full sentences and express my ideas/opinions. Thanks to italianpod101 (et grace à ma compréhension de la langue francais, qu'est similaire à l'italienne), I've been learning Italian molto rapidamente. Ho 25 anni, and only now can I really begin to connect with mia Nonna!

I'm curious what kind of experiences other people are having out there with italianpod101?

And to some of you who are wondering how well italianpod101 can work, believe me it's quite an exceptional program. Thanks so much, grazie mille, merci beaucoup to all the italianpod101 staff, especially Cinzia and Marco!!

Please respond and share with me your experiences learning Italian!!

cinziag
Been Around a Bit

Postby cinziag » May 29th, 2008 1:08 am

Ciao rebelmusik,
è bellissimo il messaggio che hai postato.
the message you posted is great!

grazie mille a te e al tuo sostegno!

I have a friend from Canada as well and he's also half Italian and I remember his stories about his big family, living with the same habits as an Italian family; like sitting all together for the big sunday lunch!

So sweet you're starting to understand the Italian that your family members usually speak and overall, the fact ypu can communicate to your NONNA is amazing!
I am so glad you found us and appreciated our work.

Keep writing.
Hope to hear from you new stories about you and your family!

Ciao ciaoo

Cinzia
Get 40% OFF

Return to “General Discussion and Help Learning Italian”